Clinics & Services
In addition to general medical consultations we are pleased to be able to provide specialist clinics and services covering the following areas:
- Smear Tests – please check after 8 weeks for the results. Results will also arrive by post from the central screening office.
- Minor Surgery – Dr Scott-Cook carries out minor surgery and will arrange an appointment after seeing you for an initial assessment.
- Antenatal Care – all of our doctors have experience in caring for pregnant women.
- Baby Clinics – held Wednesday afternoons 13:00-15:00, this is a walk in service for all children in our area and not just registered patients. Six week checks by a doctor by appointment. Primary immunisations (those delivered at 8, 12 and 16 weeks of age) are by appointment on Wednesday afternoon, older children will be immunised by arrangement with our nurses.
- Travel Vaccinations – please complete the travel vaccinations form attached as soon as possible before you travel and a nurse will contact you to arrange the vaccinations you require – Travel Form
Some services provided fall outside the scope of the NHS and therefore attract charges. Examples include the following:
- Medicals for pre-employment, sports and driving requirements (HGV, PSV etc.)
- Insurance claim forms
- Passport signing
- Prescriptions for taking medication abroad
- Private sick notes
- Vaccination certificates
Our reception staff will be happy to advise you about appointment availability and applicable charges.
We offer a full range of contraceptive services at Woodland Road Surgery and we operate as part of Umbrella Health.
Dr Allen and Dr Hodges are both qualified through the Faculty of Sexual Health and can fit contraceptive coils and implants.
We can also arrange STI screening.
To arrange long term contraception (coil or implant) please ask to see or speak to Dr Allen or Dr Hodges. All other sexual health queries can be addressed in a routine appointment or in open surgery with any GP.
The Umbrella Health website can be used to access a variety of services and obtain your own screening kit so you do not need to attend the surgery.
If you have any questions or concerns you can speak to any of the GP’s or nurses at the practice.
At Woodland Road Surgery we understand that being young can come with its own difficulties and challenges and you are not immune to being unwell. Please be assured that you can speak to any of our clinicians about any subject that may be worrying you. You will never be asked to share any of your medical details at reception and no-one but the clinician will ask why you have come to be seen. You can also speak to a GP over the phone if you prefer by asking for a telephone consultation.
Here are a selection of links that you may find helpful –